This is a floating javascript menu.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

#024 The Oldest Animal



Once upon a time, a cat, a frog and a camel were very good friends. They decided to tell each other the story of their birth to find out who was the oldest.

The cat told his story first “when I was born, the earth was still soft. I had to walk very carefully so that I did not sink into the ground. That’s why I’m still very careful about the way I walk.”

“Oh! That’s nothing,” exclaimed the frog. “I’m sure I’m the oldest. When I was born, the earth was very hot. It was too hot to walk on. The only way to move around was to jump. That’s why I still jump rather than walk.”
       
The camel was very amused. “When I was born,” he told his friends, “the earth had not yet been made. There was only the sky and a lot of sand everywhere. When my father died, there was no place to bury him so I had to carry him on my back. That’s why my back is crooked. Of course, it’s very useful as I can keep food and water in it.”
               

On hearing what the camel said, the cat and frog had to agree that he was the oldest. They made him their leader.


-FIN-
Read the Indonesian translation HERE
Author: Unknown

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are satisfied with the stories, please help by clicking on the Ad in this page. Thank you ^-^
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 



0 comments:

Post a Comment